Teacher Guardian Scheme
Yogeshwari College has introduced this scheme to have one-to-one interaction with students. For a batch of about fifteen to twenty students, a teacher is assigned the role of Teacher-Guardian. Teacher-Guardian works as a friend, philosopher and guide for these students. He keeps the track of every student's day-to-day activities and records daily attendance, test results, internal assessment, prelim examination results and other related information of students in the specially designed teacher-guardian book. He encourages the students to participate in co -curricular & extracurricular activities. He gives academic feedback to the parents/guardians regularly. He also counsels the students to solve difficulties encountered not only in college campus but in their personal lives too. Teacher guardian acts as a mentor to students and offers them emotional and academic support along with motivation.
The teachers of the institution take up the responsibility of safeguarding and nurturing the newly admitted students. The teachers act as a buffer for the first year students and help them to get acclimatized to our college environment. This scheme, which is perhaps the only one of its kind, guarantees additional assurance to the newcomers and takes some burden off the parents and lessens their anxiety. The students are free to contact the counseller with a wide range of worries, including personal, home and family relationships, depression, anxiety and loneliness.
The objectives of the scheme are:
- To acclimatize the new students to the college campus
- To provide academic counselling
- To enlighten the students on professional ethics and conduct
- Providing emotional support to students on individual basis
- Helping students to overcome home sickness
- Establishing rapport between teachers, students & parents
- Monitoring attendance and behavioural aspects of every student
- Identifying weak areas and working out remedies helping students thereby taking their complete care