Procedures and policies for maintaining and utilizing physical, academic and support facilities
Institute has well defined policy for maintenance and utilization of all its physical and academic facility which includes use of equipment in various laboratories, use of e-library facility, access to e-journals of the institute through internet login and password, use of computers in information processing centers and departmental laboratories. Equipment in all the laboratories are also maintain through annual maintenance contracts avoided to either manufacturers or their agents.
Yogeshwari Mahavidyalaya tries its best to allocate and utilize the available financial grants for maintenance and upkeep of different facilities by organizing regular meetings of different subcommittees constituted for this purpose.
- Instruments purchased at different times are recorded in a specified book, maintained by the Heads of the departments.
- To cope with the newly introduced CBCS syllabus.
- New instruments are purchased from time to time.
- Repairing of the instruments are done by self or technician if and when required.
- Instruction manual for performing the practical experiments are provided to the students.
- Microscopes are cleaned annually.
- Accounts of visitors (Students, Teachers and Staff) are recorded on daily basis.
- Suggestion book is kept inside the reading room for taking feedback.
- To ensure easy return, no dues certificate is issued to the students before filling the form for final exam.
- Library committee meetings are held at regular intervals to implement new rules and regulations.
- Journal/Magazine, Daily Newspapers, Employment oriented Newspapers are subscribed on a regular basis.
- Students are given awareness about digital database like NLIST (UGCINFONET Digital Library Consortium, INFLIBNET) and Dr.BAMU library
- Library books are well stacked in accordance with Dewey Decimal Classification System.
- Binding of old books are done from time to time.
Departments and laboratories. Sports:
(i) Head of the Department of Physical Education is in charge of Sports and Games. Sports equipment’s are purchased when required. Players are provided with different essential playing kits from the fond of Teachers’ Council and the college and they are given nutritious food during practice hours. The college has a big play ground and a well maintained MultiGym.
Computers: Utilizing the UGC fund and college fund three computer labs have been established, for Computer Science. Beside this Departmental computers are well upgraded and protected by antivirus. All smart rooms/technology enabled rooms are provided with projectors laptops. AMC of the computers also involves replacement of faulty hardware and or addition of the hardware augmenting the system configurations.
Classrooms: After getting requisition from different Departments, Principal forwards the plan of action to the building committee for execution. Major works are done by Managements Engineer, W.B. Minor repair and renovation work is done with the help of college fund.
- There is a full time sweeper and casual sweeper for cleaning.
- A full time electrician is engaged for different electrical connection and operating generators when there is power cut off.
- A full time casual Gardener is appointed for general maintenance of the garden and greenery.