Yogeshwari Mahavidyalaya, Ambajogai has its Gender policy. Ours institution is the most preferred institute for girls. Girls from the Ambajogai city and nearby villages take admission to our college. The total number of girls in our college is maximum. Our institution works towards the overall development of students. Our institution has developed safe, secure and organized learning environment for girls.
The Gender policy is integral part of all institutional policies and programmes. Gender equality and equity aims at ensuring both women and men including staff and students are considered equal and treated equally in terms of dignity and rights. It aims to empower the girl students. The atmosphere in the college is such that there is not any kind of discrimination particularly based on sex. The Gender policy provides guidelines and frameworks for promoting gender equality. The institute raises awareness regarding gender sensitization by organizing various events such as Mahila Atmabhan Shibir. The college has formed the Women Empowerment cell, Grievance Redressal cell. The Gender Equity Policy in the college provides a framework of principles and practices that will improve the opportunities to all the students regardless of whether they are males or females. The Gender Equity Policy has been developed so that no students in the college campus are disadvantaged on the basis of gender.
The Indian constitution provides equality before law for women under Article 14. The Article 15 prohibits discrimination on the grounds of religion, race, caste, sex, place of birth. Framing a Gender policy is a commitment towards our Indian Constitution. The overall effort is to promote gender equality within the institution and to strengthen the gender sensitivity among students and staff. The institution is taking
conscious and continuous efforts to maintain a balanced and equal environment.
1) To provide equal opportunities to both male and female students and staff members & to create conducive environment for women and men at work place.
2) To create awareness amongst the students and staffs members about their social, cultural, economic, political and institutional rights.
3) To empower the girls with healthcare, physical, moral, cultural and skill development of students.
4) To promote Gender equality among students and staff members of the college by providing equal access and services of the institute
5) To organize gender awareness programmes such as guest lectures, seminars, workshops on regular basis.
6) To abolish discrimination on the basis of gender.
7) To create awareness among girls about their health, nutrition and hygiene. To conduct health check up camps frequently for girl students.
8) To develop a sense self confidence and overall personality development.
9) To eliminate gender discrimination and harassment at the workplace
The Gender Equity Vision:
The vision of this Gender Equity Policy document is “To offer equal opportunity for everyone in the campus; where there is no discrimination on the basis of gender in offering opportunities, in the allocation of resources and access to educational services”. The college will adhere to a vision that focuses on gender equality and women empowerment.
The mission is to achieve gender quality in the society, to promote the social, educational, economical development of women, eliminating discrimination against women, developing policy guidelines, regulations, procedures and practices that will serve to ensure equal rights and opportunities for women & men in the institution.
– Recruiting adequate women staff and ensuring the balance, an objective of achieving a numerical balance in all posts at all levels as far as possible.
– Ensuring equal opportunities for male and female staff for personal growth, in promotion benefits, training and working conditions.
– Ensuring equitable representation & participation of men & women in various functional committees of the institution.
– Providing a safe and secure workplace for women staff, free from sexual harassment with a Gender complaint committee or Grievance Redressal Cellto look into specific concerns.
– Providing an enabling and friendly work environment where both men and women enjoy and actively participate in work.
– Reviewing the institutional structure, functioning, problems in relation to gender imbalances among staff and the work environment time to time and taking definite steps to address the same
– Sensitizing the male students and staff and mobilizing their support towards gender balance in the campus.
– Making all career advancement systems and policies gender-sensitive and responsive, and integrating gender indicators into staff performance appraisal systems.
– Ensuring that the conceptual clarity and sensitivity on gender issues will be one of the important selection criteria in recruitment processes and capacity building efforts of staff.
– Following all statutory requirements related to maternity and paternity leaves.
– Ensuring that staff access to and use of information technology is gender equitable.